An Inspirational Ancient Legend about SHOOTING STARS



Hope and strong will can bring answers to our wishes if we look up and dream big!!! 

The legend associated to the belief  that wishing upon a shooting star makes the wish come true dates back to around AD 127-151 when Ptolemy (*) wrote :

"Occasionally,out of curiosity or even boredom, the Gods peer down at the earth from between the spheres."

(*) Claudius Ptolemy was a Greco-Roman mathematician, astronomer, geographer, astrologer.

I remember when I was a child, on nights when the sky was clear, I have seen shooting stars, and always my grandparents or my parents said - "make a wish!".   

Back in 1940 a song written by Leigh Harline and Ned Washington for Walt Disney's adaptation of Pinocchio.This song's phrase is "wish upon a star" not..."the star".


Last but not least... there is a well known rhyme that has nothing to do with any kind of worship or religious tradition, however, it is inspirational and also may be motivational... it says:

“Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight: I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight.” 


Comments

Popular Posts