Learning From Nature About Resilience ...


“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one more responsive to change.” Charles Darwin

This inspirational quote from Charles Darwin is a helpful reminder for anyone who lacks the confidence to move on to pursue their objectives when facing challenges and obstacles.  

Resilience is the ability to handle and adapt to change... and our lives are made of continuous changes! If we enhance our emotional resilience, we can more easily recover from crisis situations and learn from them.

“After the storm comes the calm.” The image bellow nicely illustrates what is resilience:


This is a real case that happened with me - While opening a window at home, the stalk of a cactus that was growing in this area was accidentally broken. However, a few days later I had a great surprise of finding out that this plant continued to grow its broken stalk in another direction and flourished. I took s picture with my mobile:


Such lesson given by nature made me think about how I should bring the strength and resilience of this cactus into my life.  

Comments

Popular Posts